- Many applications provide communication aids. The simplest apps allow you to communicate simple messages activated by buttons. Other apps allow you to choose images or pictograms. The most advanced ones enable you to create sentences with pictograms and text, or even to communicate remotely.
- Buttons & Simple Messages
- Images, Pictograms & Scenes
- Phrases & Boards
- Remote Communication
- Many applications have been developed to support the learning of all kind of subjects: from the oral and written language, to issues of logic or mathematics, including the development of other skills. Some of these apps are tied to specific therapies or intervention models.
- Written Language
- Oral Language
- Mathematics, Logic & Basic Skills
- Sensory, Perceptual & Motor Skills
- There are hundreds of thousands of leisure applications, especially for tablets and smartphones, but some developers have focused on producing apps designed especially for people with ASD or, at least, they made their apps accessible for this group. There are also learning apps that combine leisure activities to provide a more enjoyable experience. Here, we selected only those apps really designed for people with ASD.
- There are many support tools for the daytoday of a person with ASD: visual timers and clocks, token economies, turn managers and many apps to develop or revise scheduled actions to do, or to record daily things they have done.
- Learning Support
- Turn Takers
- Schedules, Agendas & Diaries
- These applications help you to know the habits of autonomy, social situations at home, at school, at work or in the community, and to express and recognize in a better way their own emotions and those of others.
- Daily Habits
- Social Stories & Skills
- The community of parents, professionals, educators, therapists and caregivers has tools to make ASD tests, record and analyze data from the people they care, share experiences on specialized social networks or create multimedia content for training sessions and other activities.
- Data Collection
- Social Networks & Resources
- Authoring Tools